Thursday, October 25, 2007

Abstract Painting The Three Ages of Woman

Abstract Painting
"You are, of course, Mr. Crackenthorpe," said Craddock soothingly and rising as he spoke. "But we understood that you had already told Inspector Bacon all you knew, and that, your health not being good, we must not make too many demands upon it. Dr. Quimper said –"
"I dare say - I dare say. I'm not a strong man…. As for Dr. Quimper, he's a regular old woman – perfectly good doctor, understands my case - but inclined to wrap me up in cotton-wool. Got a bee in his bonnet about food. Went on at me Christmas-time when I had a bit of a turn - what did I eat?
The Three Ages of Woman
When? Who cooked it? Who served it? Fuss, fuss, fuss! But though I may have indifferent health, I'm well enough to give you all the help that's in my power. Murder in my own house - or at any rate in my own barn! Interesting building, that. Elizabethan. Local architect says not – but fellow doesn't know what he's talking about. Not a day later than 1580 - but that's not what we're talking about. What do you want to know? What's your present theory?"
"It's a little too early for theories, Mr. Crackenthorpe. We are still trying to find out who the woman was?"
"Foreigner, you say?"
"We think so."
"Enemy agent?"
"Unlikely, I should say."
Abstract Painting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abstract Painting