Monday, October 29, 2007

A Greek Beauty

A Greek Beauty
A Lily Pond
Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
American Day Dream
Yes. I was there a short time. And is this an old pupil, too?" ¡¡¡¡ "No--that's my cousin.... I wrote to you for some grammars, if you recollect, and you sent them?" ¡¡¡¡ "Ah--yes!--I do dimly recall that incident." ¡¡¡¡ "It was very kind of you to do it. And it was you who first started me on that course. On the morning you left Marygreen, when your goods were on the waggon, you wished me good-bye, and said your scheme was to be a university man and enter the Church-- that a degree was the necessary hall-mark of one who wanted to do anything as a theologian or teacher." ¡¡¡¡ "I remember I thought all that privately; but I wonder I did not keep my own counsel. The idea was given up years ago." ¡¡¡¡ "I have never forgotten it. It was that which brought me to this part of the country, and out here to see you to-night." ¡¡¡¡ "Come in," said Phillotson. "And your cousin, too."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Greek Beauty

Anonymous said...

A Greek Beauty