Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the Night Watch

the Night Watch
The Nut Gatherers
The Painter's Honeymoon
the polish rider
The Sacrifice of Abraham painting
¡¡¡¡ "Does it really seem so to you?" said she, smiling with quick curiosity. "Well, that's strange; but I feel just the same about you, Jude. When you are gone away I seem such a coldhearted----" ¡¡¡¡ As she knew his sentiment towards her Jude saw that they were getting upon dangerous ground. It was now, he thought, that he must speak as an honest man. ¡¡¡¡ But he did not speak, and she continued: "It was that which made me write and say--I didn't mind your loving me--if you wanted to, much!" ¡¡¡¡ The exultation he might have felt at what that implied, or seemed to imply, was nullified by his intention, and he rested rigid till he began: "I have never told you----" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes you have," murmured she. ¡¡¡¡ "I mean, I have never told you my history--all of it." ¡¡¡¡ "But I guess it. l know nearly." ¡¡¡¡ Jude looked up. Could she possibly know of that morning performance of his with Arabella; which in a few months had ceased to be a marriage more completely than by death? He saw that she did not. ¡¡¡¡ "I can't quite tell you here in the street," he went on with a gloomy tongue. "And you had better not come to my lodgings. Let us go in here."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Night Watch

Anonymous said...

the Night Watch