Wednesday, October 31, 2007

the polish rider

the polish rider
the night watch by rembrandt
the Night Watch
The Nut Gatherers
The Painter's Honeymoon
"Come!" said he, "I'll have a curacao; and a light, please." ¡¡¡¡ She served the liqueur from one of the lovely bottles and striking a match held it to his cigarette with ministering archness while he whiffed. ¡¡¡¡ "Well, have you heard from your husband lately, my dear?" he asked. ¡¡¡¡ "Not a sound," said she. "Where is he?" ¡¡¡¡ "I left him in Australia; and I suppose he's there still." ¡¡¡¡ Jude's eyes grew rounder. ¡¡¡¡ "What made you part from him?" ¡¡¡¡ "Don't you ask questions, and you won't hear lies." ¡¡¡¡ "Come then, give me my change, which you've been keeping from me for the last quarter of an hour; and I'll romantically vanish up the street of this picturesque city." ¡¡¡¡ She handed the change over the counter, in taking which he caught her fingers and held them. There was a slight struggle and titter, and he bade her good-bye and left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the polish rider

Anonymous said...

the polish rider