Tuesday, January 22, 2008

flaming june painting

flaming june painting
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
girl with a pearl earring vermeer
Gustav Klimt Kiss painting
¡¡¡¡Aunt March was very angry, for she had set her heart on having her pretty niece make a fine match, and something in the girl's happy young face made the lonely old woman feel both sad and sour. ¡¡¡¡`Well, I wash my hands of the whole affair. You are a wilful child, and you've lost more than you know by this piece of folly. No, I won't stop; I'm disappointed in you, and haven't spirits to see your father now. Don't expect anything from me when you
oil painting
are married; your Mr. Book's friends must take care of you. I've done with you for ever.' ¡¡¡¡And, slamming the door in Meg's face, Aunt March drove off in high dudgeon. She seemed to take all the girl's courage with her; for, when left alone, Meg stood a moment, undecided whether to laugh or cry. Before she could make up her mind, she was taken possession of by Mr. Brooke, who said, all in one breath, `I couldn't help hearing, Meg. Thank you for defending me and Aunt March for proving that you do care for me a little bit.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flaming june painting"