Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Caravaggio paintings

Caravaggio paintings
Claude Lorrain paintings
At the foot of the hill a boy was sitting on the fence in the shadow of the spruces. . .a boy with big, dreamy eyes and a beautiful, sensitive face. He swung down and joined Anne, smiling; but there were traces of tears on his cheeks.
"I thought I'd wait for you, teacher, because I knew you were going to the graveyard," he said, slipping his hand into hers. "I'm going there, too. . .I'm taking this bouquet of geraniums to put on Grandpa Irving's grave for grandma. And look, teacher, I'm going to put this bunch of white roses beside Grandpa's grave in memory of my little mother. . .because I can't go to her grave to put it there. But don't you think she'll know all about it, just the same?"
"Yes, I am sure she will, Paul." You see, teacher, it's just three years today since my little mother died. It's such a long, long time but it hurts just as much as ever. . .and I miss her just as much as ever. Sometimes it seems to me that I just can't bear it, it hurts so."

No comments: