Friday, August 22, 2008

William Bouguereau The Abduction of Psyche painting

William Bouguereau The Abduction of Psyche paintingWilliam Bouguereau the first kiss paintingClaude Monet Water Lily Pond painting
He might have washed ashore where we couldn't see him," I insisted. "He could be resting on the other side somewhere."
Max shook his head.
"Why didn't they help him?" I demanded angrily. "What was that girl doing those things on the bridge for?"
Max groaned, clutching his beard. "You're asking me? I never saw such a thing!"
Dusk was upon us, there was no point in waiting longer. At Max's suggestion we headed bridgewards: surely officials from the Department of Civil Engineering would arrive in the morning, if not that same evening, to inspect the wash-out, which could not go long unrepaired. The most we could do, when they fetched us across, was report the sad news so that the river could be searched for G. Herrold's body.
"And the woods," I insisted again, "in case he got out and he's just lying hurt somewhere."
"Ja,well," Max agreed, "the woods too, then." And for my sake he pretended there was some sense in our calling G. Herrold's name all the way

No comments: