Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Henri Rousseau The Sleeping Gypsy

Henri Rousseau The Sleeping GypsyLaurie Maitland Symphony in Red and Khaki IVincent van Gogh Poppies 1886
Magic beyond magic," snorted Granny. She took the scone and spread jam on it. After a pause she spread cream on it too.
The sugar lump crashed to the flagstones and was immediately surrounded by another team of ants, ready to harness it to a long
Cutangle shifted uneasily in his seat, which creaked.
"Esmerelda," he began, "I've been meaning to ask -"
"No," said Granny.
"chair on matchstick rollers, the squeaking of the slavedriver ants just at the edge of hearing.
"Hmm," said Granny, "I don't see why not. I've always wanted one of those big wicker ones, you know, with the sort of sunshade bit on the top. If that's not too much trouble."
"That isn't exactly what I meant," said Cutangle, adding quickly, "although I'm sure that could be arranged. No, I mean, would you come and lecture the students? Once in a while?"Actually I was going to say that we think we might allow a few more girls into the University. On an experimental basis. Once we get the plumbing sorted out," said Cutangle. "That's up to you, of course." "And, and, it occurred to me that since we seem destined to become a co-educational establishment, as it were, it seemed to me, that is -" "Well?" "If you might see your way clear to becoming, that is, whether you would accept a Chair." He sat back. The sugar lump passed under his

No comments: