Monday, April 6, 2009

Henri Rousseau The Waterfall

Henri Rousseau The WaterfallHenri Rousseau The Repast of the LionHenri Rousseau The Merry Jesters
understood what I said,’ snapped Doreen, in the more normal tones of one bon and brought up in Ankh-Morpork rather than some tran-sylvanian fastness.’Honestly, if I left it to you, we’d have no standards at all -‘ ‘My name’s Ludmilla, ‘ said Ludmilla.
‘Charmed,’ said the Countess Notfaroutoe graciously, extending a hand that would have been thin and pale if it had not been pink and stubby. ‘Alvays nice to meet fresh blood. If you ever fancy a dog biscuit when you’re out There was a brief, implosive noise, and a small fat bat hung in the air. It looked down, gave an angry squeak, and nosedived on to the soil. Doreen picked it up by its feet and dusted it off. ‘It’s having to sleep with the window open all night that I object to,’ she said vaguely. ‘I wish they’d stop that music! I ‘m getting a headache.’ There was another whoomph. Arthur reappeared upside down and landed on his head.
‘It’s the drop, you see,’ said Doreen. ‘It’s like a run-up, and about, our door iss alwace open.’Ludmilla turned to Windle Poons.‘It’s not written on my forehead, is it?’ she said.‘These are a special kind of people.’ said Windle gently. ‘I should think so,’ said Ludmilla, levelly. ‘I ‘You’ve got to have the cloak,’ said Count Arthur. ‘For the wings, you see. Like -‘He spread the cloak dramatically.

No comments: