Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Greek Beauty

A Greek Beauty
A Lily Pond
Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
American Day Dream
She gives it me, not displeased; and I put it to my lips, and then into my breast. Miss Larkins, laughing, draws her hand through my arm, and says, 'Now take me back to Captain Bailey.' ¡¡¡¡I am lost in the recollection of this delicious interview, and the waltz, when she comes to me again, with a plain elderly gentleman who has been playing whist all night, upon her arm, and says: ¡¡¡¡'Oh! here is my bold friend! Mr. Chestle wants to know you, Mr. Copperfield.' ¡¡¡¡I feel at once that he is a friend of the family, and am much gratified. ¡¡¡¡'I admire your taste, sir,' says Mr. Chestle. 'It does you credit. I suppose you don't take much interest in hops; but I am a pretty large grower myself; and if you ever like to come over to our neighbourhood - neighbourhood of Ashford -
oil painting
and take a run about our place, -we shall be glad for you to stop as long as you like.' ¡¡¡¡I thank Mr. Chestle warmly, and shake hands. I think I am in a happy dream. I waltz with the eldest Miss Larkins once again. She says I waltz so well! I go home in a state of unspeakable bliss, and waltz in imagination, all night long, with my arm round the blue waist of my dear divinity. For some days afterwards, I am lost in rapturous reflections; but I neither see her in the street, nor when I call. I am imperfectly consoled for this disappointment by the sacred pledge, the perished flower. ¡¡¡¡'Trotwood,' says Agnes, one day after dinner. 'Who do you think is going to be married tomorrow? Someone you admire.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

art painting on canvas

Anonymous said...

"A Greek Beauty"
1 条评论 - 显示原始文章

Anonymous said...

A Greek Beauty