Tuesday, January 22, 2008

William Bouguereau

William Bouguereau
The Birth of Venus
Marc Chagall Painting
Henri Matisse Painting
want to do something splendid before I go into my castle - something heroic or wonderful, that won't be forgotten after I'm dead. I don't know what, but I'm on the watch for it, and mean to astonish you all some day. I think I shall write books, and get rich and famous: that would suit me, so that is my favourite dream.' ¡¡¡¡`Mine is to stay at home safe with Father and Mother, and help take care of the family,' said Beth, contentedly. ¡¡¡¡`Don't you wish for anything else?' asked Laurie. ¡¡¡¡`Since I had my little piano, I am perfectly satisfied. I only wish we may all keep well and be together;
oil painting
nothing else.' ¡¡¡¡`I have ever so many wishes, but the pet one is to be an artist, and go to Rome, and do fine pictures, and be the best artist in the whole world,' was Amy's modest desire. ¡¡¡¡`We're an ambitious set, aren't we? Every one of us, but Beth, wants to be rich and famous, and gorgeous in every respect. I do wonder if any of us will ever get our wishes,' said Laurie, chewing grass, like a meditative calf. ¡¡¡¡`I've got the key to my castle in the air; but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen,' observed Jo, mysteriously. `I've got the key to mine, but I'm not allowed to try it. Hang college!' muttered Laurie, with an impatient sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

William Bouguereau"