Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Guillaume Seignac paintings

Guillaume Seignac paintings
George Owen Wynne Apperley paintings
Ah, well, it's the only bad thing I know of either of you, Mistress Blythe. Cornelia is a Tory, too. I called in on my way from the Glen to tell her the news."
"Didn't you know you took your life in your hands?"
"Yes, but I couldn't resist the temptation."
"How did she take it?"
"Comparatively calm, Mistress Blythe, comparatively calm. She says, says she, `Well, Providence sends seasons of humiliation to a country, same as to individuals. You Grits have been cold and hungry for many a year. Make haste to get warmed and fed, for you won't be in long.' `Well, now Cornelia,' I says, `mebbe Providence thinks Canada needs a real long spell of humiliation.' Ah, Susan, have you heard the news? The Liberals are in."
Susan had just come in from the kitchen, attended by the odor of delectable dishes which always seemed to hover around her.

No comments: