Sunday, September 14, 2008

Laurie Maitland Symphony in Red and Khaki I painting

Laurie Maitland Symphony in Red and Khaki I paintingWilliam Bouguereau William Bouguereau Lambs paintingClaude Theberge Claude Theberge White Tulips painting
Nyet,friend; I know the way. I showyou."
"I'll show you both," I said; "I'm going back to Great Mall."
Stoker fired his pistol into the air. "Flunk all this! Who the Dunce do you think you are, Goat-Boy? The Grand Tutor Himself?"
I regarded him closely. "Have your men drive them to the Infirmary first and then to the Pedal Inn. If Dr. Eierkopf's all right, he and Croaker can wait in the Powerhouse until the Frumentians come tomorrow. Why don't you take me to Tower Hall yourself?"
"You're coming with me, all right," he said, "but not to Tower Hall! Get in that sidecar!" He commanded his men to ignore what I'd said; Greene and Leonidwere to be delivered to the Infirmary for treatment of their wounds and then left at the Pedal Inn -- but not at my direction, only because that had been his plan all along. The amnesty, he explained crossly, forbade him the use of Main Detention. Similarly, Croaker and Eierkopf (who was stirring now as his roommate licked his head) were to be taken to the Living Room, but purely because he, Stoker, hoped thereby to chase Rexford out; the guards were to see to it that Eierkopf directed Croaker to that end. As for me, if I thought he meant to chauffeur me to a tryst in the Belfry with his tramp of a wife, I had another think coming. . .

No comments: